Mentos Super Soda Dispenser
Question: Why do Mentos mixed with soda produce an incredible eruption?
Hypothesis: We think if we place Mentos Candies in diet soda, it will create an incredible eruption because of chemicals.
1. Place the Geyser Tube Cape inside the 3/4" piece of PVC .
2. Attach the 3/4" PVC to the reducing "T".
1. Connect the reducing "T's" using the lengths of 3/4" PVC
2. Attach the 1/2" PVC pieces to the reducing "Ts."
3. Repeat these steps to create an identical apparatus in the shape of an "M"
1. Place 3/4" piece of PVC into each side of the reducing "T" of the finished Part 1 piece.
2. Using these 3/4"" pieces , connect the Part 1 piece to both part 2 pieces.
3. Place the endcaps in the remaining reducing "T" openings and each end.
1. Fill the Geyser Tube with Mentos candies. Be sure the tube's pin is pushed to the in position.
2. Attach the Geyser Tube to the open bottle of diet soda
3. Attach the finished Part 3 piece to the top of the Geyser Tub.
4. Place a cup under each 1/2" PVC piece.
5. Pull the Geyser Tube pin and....Presto! You have six cups of diet soda!
About the Scientists:
John Roublick & Andrew Cameron
We are best friends and enjoy a lot of the same things. We both play baseball and basketball.
John- I am in Mrs. Sisca's class. My favorite color is green and my favorite food is tacos. I have an older sister and brother and a dog named Sammi.
Andrew- I am in Mr. Camarra's class. My favorite color is purple and my favorite food is hamburgers. I have two older brothers and 2 dogs!